Clarinet StudioStudio Syllabus (158M-460M)
Clarinet Foundation Requirements
Student Information Sheet.pdf
Foundations ExercisesClarinet Warmup Packet.pdf
Langenus Tonguing #11
Spring 2013 Ensemble Auditions(Auditions, 4/22/13, 11:30am - 1:45 pm;
Symphony Band students who are on tour will audition on Tuesday 4/9/13 at 3:15 pm.)
Click above to see pictures from our clarinet studio recitals. Each semester, the clarinet studio performs a recital of solo repertoire and music for clarinet choir.
Clarinet Equipment(What do I play on?)
- Pyne BC Mouthpiece
- Bay Ligature
- RICO Reserve New Classic Reeds: Strength 3 1/2 +
- Robert Scott 66mm Barrel
- Buffet R13 Greenline Clarinet
Prospective (New) Clarinet Students
Click here for more information about auditions for scholarship.
Prepare the following for a live or recorded scholarship audition:
- All major scales, two octaves (three when possible), all slurred and all tongued in sixteenth notes, quarter note = 88.
- Chromatic scale, three octaves (low E to high E), all slurred and all tongued in sixteenth notes, quarter note = 88.
- Two contrasting selections from the solo literature (Grade IV or higher) that demonstrate tone quality, technical fluency, articulation and musical expression.
- Preferred audition repertoire includes: Weber Concertino, Mozart Concerto, Weber Concertos, or All-State Audition Excerpts.